This statement discloses the privacy practices of Junior Achievement of Southwest New England
Our Privacy Vow
Your privacy is important. We strive to provide you with a safe and secure user experience. On occasion, there may be instances wherein information must be obtained in order to differentiate you from our thousands of other unique visitors. This helps us provide information and services that are most relevant to you.
We collect information through registration and cookies.
When registering for certain services such as events, promotions and/or volunteer programs, we may ask that you provide us with some information. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and postal address, some or all of which will be used for personalization and identification purposes only.
Our web pages do not use“cookies” although we may do so in the future. Cookies are pieces of information that web sites transfer to your browser to keep on your computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies allow us to “save” your settings so that you can avoid re-entering them each time you return for a visit. It should be understood that cookies do NOT collect any information, but rather store preferences. The information we may collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you.
Use of Information
Any personal information you provide to Junior Achievement of Southwest New England is maintained and accessible only by Junior Achievement unless specifically stated otherwise. Junior Achievement of Southwest New England may use the information it collects in any of the following ways:
- We use aggregate data collected to analyze the number of people who use our site. No personally identifiable information is disclosed in this process; only general information in aggregate form.
- Nonspecific, aggregate data is also used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change, update, and service the web site in accordance to common trends.
- From time to time, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services. For those who have elected to receive information from Junior Achievement such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct mail regarding events or volunteer opportunities we feel may be of interest to you. We will NOT release your personal information to other organizations without your express permission.
- If you register for an event or volunteer opportunity, we may use your provided information to contact you.
- Junior Achievement of Southwest New England is in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). The personally identifiable information we collect is in no way intended for those under the age of 13. If “age” or “date of birth” is requested, it must be indicated that the user is over 13 years of age in order for the information to be stored or transmitted.
- We respond to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any member or visitor. We also reserve the right to release that information concerning a user who we believe is in violation of Junior Achievement’s terms and conditions or other published guidelines and official rules, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our servers for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any illegal activity to law enforcement.
- Junior Achievement of Southwest New England uses SSL security on any form that requires credit card information. We will never ask for information that could be used in a phishing scheme without the SSL security behind the form.
Individuals may opt-out of communications, thereby terminating all existing information he or she may have registered with Junior Achievement of Southwest New England.
Any modifications to this policy will be posted in this space. We welcome any questions or comments you have.